For All competitors and spectators, please read carefully before submitting entries and packages.
- All Pro/Am teachers, students, professionals, and amateur couples are required to have a 2019 Registration Number with the NDCA. (Pro/Am students DO need to be registered.)
Register online: http://www.ndca.org/registration
For more information on NDCA registration, contact:
PO Box 22018,
Provo, UT, 84602-2018
- Material danced should be based on the NDCA approved syllabi.
Lifts are allowed only in solo exhibitions. All Closed categories will be invigilated for compliance with the NDCA approved syllabus lists. This competition is governed by the rules and regulations set forth by the NDCA.
- Teachers can only have one (1) entry per dance, level and age combination. Competition events will be run only once; therefore a teacher cannot dance the same event with two different students.
- Pro/Am Competitors and Student/Student Competitors are allowed to dance two (2) consecutive divisions. For example, a student may dance all the Bronze (pre-bronze, intermediate bronze, full bronze and open bronze) divisions plus all of the Silver Divisions.
- Adult Amateur Competitors may dance in any two (2) consecutive age categories for which they are age-eligible.
Preteen/Junior/Youth Amateur Competitors may dance in their correct age category plus one (1) age category older. Amateur Competitors may dance any 2 consecutive proficiency levels in a given style; proficiency levels may be different in different styles.
- Preteen competitors, whether in Pro/Am or Amateur events, must dress according to current NDCA dress code, regardless of age category of entry.
- Solos are limited to 4 (four) per student. The maximum duration per solo is 3 minutes, including entrance and exit. You must provide your own music on an individually labeled cd with student’s name and solo number.
Please note on the entry form if you want your solos to be danced on Thursday morning (T), or Friday morning (F), or any morning Thursday or Friday (A).
The five solo routines with the highest average scores will be invited to compete in the Top Solo Grand Prix during an evening session to determine the Overall Top Solo for the this year’s Hawai’i Star Ball.
- Scholarships: In order to register for a scholarship, student must dance a full round of single dance entries in the same category and level as the scholarship. A full round shall be 4 Smooth single dances or 5 Ballroom, Latin, or Rhythm Single Dances.
- The organizer reserves the right to combine events by merging age or proficiency levels of events with fewer than 3 entries without prior notification to the competitors.
- The organizer reserves the right to lower prize money awarded in events with fewer than 3 entrants by ½ the amount promised.
- No responsibility for loss of theft of articles left in changing rooms, ballrooms, or hotel rooms can be accepted by The Hawai’i Star Ball, by the organizer, David Alvarez, or any of his officers, or by the NDCA Inc., and neither can they be held liable for injury sustained by persons attending the event. Everyone attending The Hawai’i Star Ball does so at his or her own risk. All persons attending The Hawai’i Star Ball, whether as spectators, competitors, officials or guests shall be bound by current NDCA rules and, by participating in any capacity in The Hawai’i Star Ball, will be obliged to adhere to them.
- The closing date for hotel reservations is August 30, 2019 to guarantee a room at the Sheraton Waikiki at our group rate. Our room block is limited, so please make reservations early, and mention the Hawai’i Star Ball to get the correct room rate.
- All hotel reservations are the responsibility of the participants unless on Big Kahuna or VIP package. There are a limited number of rooms available a few days before and after the competitions dates. Please book you rooms early.
- PAYMENT POLICIES
- Payment must accompany entry forms. Entries are not considered to be complete without payment.
- Entries and/or payments made after September 6, 2019, must be in the form of a Certified or Cashiers’ Check or Credit Card. No personal or business checks will be accepted after September 6, 2019.
- Entries will not be accepted over the phone. Entries must be faxed to
808-356-0651, e-mailed to [email protected], or mailed to
Hawai`i Star Ball Entry Processing, 115 Via Lee, Santa Barbara, CA.
- You will receive confirmation of your entries and packages. Please check very carefully that no mistakes have been made.
Make checks payable to:
Hawai`i Star Ball
Mail all entries and payments to:
Hawai’i Star Ball Entry Processing
115 Via Lee
Santa Barbara, CA 93111
- REFUND POLICIES
- Packages, entries and room reservations can be cancelled, in writing, and must be received at least forty-five (45) days prior to the first day of the event. No cancellations will be accepted after August 16, 2019. However, the Organizer may consider credit in the case of emergency only and must accompany a doctor’s note.
- No refunds or exchanges will be made on admission tickets. All sales
- Refunds are subject to a $100 service charge.
- Refunds will be made within 30 days after the Event.
- Entries scratched or missed during the event are non-refundable.